WSJ: Big tech firms seeking power

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Sat Jun 17 08:01:16 UTC 2006

Seen few data centers:
- biggerst cages are about 500 servers, may be you can pack 1,000 servers;
- ok, how many cagses in the medium size building? I''d say, 100 - 200 (may
be less).

So, 1 building can handle 50,000 - 100,000 servers. A very big building, I
guess, can handle 450,000. But what for?
You can put it al together, but how you deliver input data and ship output
data from 450,000 servers?