Interesting new spam technique - getting a lot more popular.

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Jun 15 10:37:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Chris Hills wrote:

> Unless I am missing something obvious, it seems like rfc 3069 (sub/super
> vlans) provides an easy (interim?) solution to this dilemma.

Some ciscos can do this as well (recent IOS). IP unnumbered and static
routes towards vlan interfaces means you can put customers in their own
vlan and still have them be part of a larger IP subnet spanning several
vlans.

Since it was Extreme that filed RFC3069 I seriously doubt Cisco will ever
implement it straight up.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se