wrt joao damas' DLV talk on wednesday

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Wed Jun 14 09:20:10 UTC 2006

> actually, in a brilliant demonstration of fair use of copyrighted
> lyrics, paul was quoting directly from the song about alice's
> restaurant.  well, actually, despite saying so, it's not much about
> the restaurant at all.  "and the restaurant is not called alice's
> restaurant, that's just the name of the song."

And this whole discussion about DNSSEC and DLV
reminds me of a bunch of 8 x 10 glossy photographs
with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on
the back of each one. Just another case of
American blind justice I suppose.

Has anyone ever considered trying to come up
with a way that these crypto projects could be
explained in plain English? I think a lot of
the problem with adoption of DNSSEC stems from
the fact that most people who might make a decision
to use it, haven't got a clue what it is, how it
works, or whether it even works at all. And it's
not their fault that they don't understand. It's
the fault of a technical community that likes to
cloak its discussions in TLAs and twisted jargon.

--Michael Dillon