Interesting new spam technique - getting a lot more popular.

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 04:39:36 UTC 2006

On 6/14/06, Christopher L. Morrow
<christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com> wrote:
> Atleast it'd trim down the 'problem' to the single customer subnet, I
> assume that dedicated hosting folks don't just drop machines behind a
> switch on one big flat subnet? That's probably a naive assumption though
> :(  Perhaps this is clue #12 that that is a 'less than good' option? :)

Given the people who complained, and their traditionally spammer
infested nature I wouldnt be surprised at all to find that they've put
all their hosts on a flat subnet

Various  /24s of theirs keep getting complimentary upgrades from our
filters after reaching a certain limit - based on a X IPs blocked per
/24, Y /24s per /16 metric .. when that limit is reached, we
automatically upgrade the blocks to cover infested /24s.