wrt joao damas' DLV talk on wednesday

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Tue Jun 13 21:23:09 UTC 2006

brmcmaho at cabrillo.edu (Brian McMahon) writes:

> > why can isc not simply say "we plan to vet zones as follows:.  and we
> > plan to manage maintenance of key rollover as follows: etc.?"
>
> Would it help if I volunteered to talk to folks and help write
> something up?

not at the moment.  joao heard this question at the podium, and i've
touched on it since then, and there doesn't seem to be any reason (yet)
to assume that the answer won't be posted to www.isc.org/ops/dlv/ soon.

> I mean, if there's some other issue that is preventing ISC from nailing
> this down, then that's one thing.

i believe it's called "jet lag".

> But if it's just a case of "never seems to bubble up to the top of the
> stack", then maybe a little outside assistance can do the trick.

i don't think so.  no bank in its right mind, for example, would allow its
identity to be held or represented by a middleman whose security policies
weren't auditable.  on the other hand, joao heard this question at the
podium and i don't think it's time yet to declare USC "late" answering it.

> Besides, now that the semester's over, I need something besides just
> firing off resumes (gotta fill that summer time, and not completely
> lose touch with the Real World!) to keep myself entertained.
>
> You may flame when ready, Gridley.

isc depends on a lot of volunteers, i'm happy to hear of your availability
and i assume that joao will also be happy to hear it when he catches up on
nanog at .
--
Paul Vixie