wrt joao damas' DLV talk on wednesday

Rick Wesson wessorh at ar.com
Tue Jun 13 21:10:21 UTC 2006

... and alice has been working on deploying the .org DNSSEC testbed for
6 months now. Thus far my experence with deploying DNSSEC is: its just
hard, not fun and for a lack of a better word... it SUCKS.

In the last 6months since we deployed it, not one sole has clicked on
the [now broken] _SECURE DOMAIN_ link to enable .ORG dnssec capabilities.

I know we are a tiny registrar but none of our clients thought it
important enough to even try clicking on the _SECURE DOMAIN_ link. So,
even DLV is going to take a tremendous marketing effort to get folks to
differentiate it from LOCK_DOMAIN which merely prevents the domain from
being updated or transfered.

DLV is a huge task so be supportive because it will probably fail just
like DNSSEC is ...but we might just learn something.

-rick