wrt joao damas' DLV talk on wednesday

Todd Underwood todd-nanog at renesys.com
Mon Jun 12 14:11:48 UTC 2006

michael, all,

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 10:43:16AM +0100, Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com wrote:

> > you were attending nanog without registering and paying?  that is
> > rude.  have you offered to pay retroactively?  that would be the
> > honorable thing to do.
> > todd underwood                                 +1 603 643 9300 x101
> > renesys corporation                            chief of operations
> &security
>
> There was a similar comment from another
> Renesys employee on nanog-futures. Is it
> possible that this is some sort of commercial
> dispute between two companies, Renesys and ISC,
> who are not network operators, but who offer services
> to network operators?

as far as i know ISC and renesys have no overlapping businesses at
all.  we certainly don't consider them competitors and as far as i
know, they don't even know who we are.

> In any case, it doesn't seem to be on topic for
> the NANOG list. If Renesys really doesn't like
> ISC, why don't you sue him instead of whining on
> this list?

odd and harsh words.  i have no beef with the ISC at all, no intention
to sue them, and no idea what i would sue them for.  i do have a
problem with people attending nanog for free without paying and
without being speakers (speakers are not those selected at random by
Merit, but rather people whose presentations or panels are approved by
the program committee as part of the official program).

but indeed, aside from answering these oddly delusional comments on
this list, this topic is better handled on nanog-futures.

t.