Zebra/linux device production networking?

Albert Meyer from_nanog at corenap.com
Tue Jun 6 22:11:50 UTC 2006

Linux routers are great for redundantly routing between your cable-modem and DSL
at home. Using a linux router in production is a very very bad idea, although it
may seem appealing to suits with no networking knowledge. I'm sure that other
posters will provide you with many pages of reasons why linux routers suck, but
I'll keep it short.

1. Mean Time Between Failures
2. OS exploits
3. Service/support