Cisco ACL question

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Jun 1 15:45:43 UTC 2006

There isn't a quick and easy answer but a more
complex solution could be to use EEM w/
a TCL policy to monitor when/if the ip address changes
and if it does reconfigure the ACL.

ie:

policy A
 every 10 seconds do 'sh int serial 0/2/0'
   did ip address change?
     no -> exit
     yes -> run policy B to reconfigure the ACL.

Ask it over on cisco-nsp if you want to try it out.

Rodney