Abovenet fibre cut

Jeremy Chadwick nanog at jdc.parodius.com
Fri Jul 28 15:51:35 UTC 2006

Has anyone heard of a fibre cut affecting Abovenet customers
(particularly those utilising MPLS), possibly centralised around
the east coast?

I've managed to confirm with the Abovenet NOC that there is a cut
which is likely the reason we're seeing increased latency between
California and Virginia, and Arizona and Virginia, but have no
other details about the problem, nor the location of the cut.

Thanks.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |