AOL Mail Problem

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 12:38:04 UTC 2006

What you have run into is called AOL's "second received line" filtering

If your adsl customer is infected, or someone who had that IP recently
[if a dynamic IP] is infected and his PC is originating spam and
malware .. AOL will block any email with that infected IP in the
headers.

Simple reason for this .. a lot of malware is getting quite good at
hijacking Outlook or other MUA on a user's PC [including smtp auth
credentials if any] and sending out spam through the ISP's mail
relays.

Please sign your IP space for a feedback loop from aol -
http://postmaster.info.aol.com/fbl/

--srs