Hot weather and power outages continue

david raistrick drais at atlasta.net
Wed Jul 26 17:48:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, William S. Duncanson wrote:

> Suprisingly, my cable TV goes out as well when the power goes, so it might
> just be more than the CMTS that's going out.

It's your neighborhood distribution amp going out, or possibly a smaller
amp between the neighborhood amp and your house (...or even one at your
house...).

With the Digital Phone and similar rollouts, though, they've gotten better
about putting battery backups on at least the neighborhood amps...they
realized it was pointless to put batteries in the MTA if they don't put
them on the amps..;)

...d

---
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html