SBC Lost of connectivty to Canada?

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Mon Jul 24 17:18:42 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 01:04:47PM -0400, Elijah Savage wrote:

> On our SBC peering links we lost connectivty to our Canadian customers
> for about 20 minutes. I have escalated this up through SBC but was
> wondering if anyone on the list as any knowledge of what may have caused
> the outage. Our Canadian customers come in through different Canadian
> providers so from my perspective it wasn't just one AS or prefix that
> was lost it was many.

Yes its part of a new homeland security policy of discrimination against
our moose loving brothers to the north. All packets will now be stopped at
the border and inspected by DHS. :)

Actually they just leaked some routes this morning, and blew out max
prefixes to most peers. Pretty typical as far as accidental leaks go,
those folks with sensible filtering and running routers which trip on max
prefixes accepted not prefixes received probably weren't even affected.
Another day on the internet.