Deaggregation Disease

Rob Evans internetplumber at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 13:17:15 UTC 2006

> Just to make it clear: AS4151 was 9 month ago. Now we see history again
> with new actors. (I guess the actual increase was done by various ASN of
> RENATER).

I'm curious how you reach the conclusion that RENATER has contributed
to many of the prefixes over the last week.  They do seem to have
announced a bunch of prefixes that could be aggregated, but look at
the following report:

    http://www.cidr-report.org/as-prefixes.txt

There seem to be a whole load of ASNs that have deaggregated.  AS5416,
AS5639, AS6140, AS9121, AS13049, AS16130, AS17849,  AS18049 (that's as
far as I got before getting bored).  Some of these are advertising the
covering prefix too, so they're certainly aware of how to aggregate.

Rob