www.gigablast.com

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Thu Jul 13 19:11:30 UTC 2006

    > 	What gigablast seems to be doing, on the other hand, is trying to open
    > every window in a house in the hopes that it will find one that's open.

Just looking at the text strings in the URLs, my off-the-top-of-my-head
guess was that those were URLs it saw in email spam.  They looked very
similar to a lot of the ascii-garbage that gets generated by spammers
trying to get through bayesian filters.  It seemed plausible to me (not a
good idea, of course, but the sort of thing that happens) that they might
have been grepping web pages for URLs, and run across an archive of spam.

                                -Bill