Sitefinder II, the sequel...

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Thu Jul 13 18:35:10 UTC 2006

On July 13, 2006 at 13:15 john at sackheads.org (John Payne) wrote:

 > On Jul 13, 2006, at 12:19 PM, Joe Greco wrote:
 >
 > > I don't really think it is entirely appropriate that a child who is
 > > looking
 > > for information on the White House could land somewhere obscene
 > > through
 > > entering a web address that appears obvious and logical.
 >
 > Who gets to decide that?

I don't think it's entirely appropriate that a child chasing a
bouncey-ball can so easily run out into the street and get killed by a
passing car. According to MMWR over 500 children per year under 14
years of age wander out into the street and and are killed by a car
(US.) Another 30,000+/year are injured seriously enough to need an
emergency room visit.

Ban cars or at least limit them to under 5 mph!

And we're not just talking about a kid seeing some bare breasts (isn't
kids seeing bare breasts the most appropriate use of bare breasts?),
we're talking DEAD.

Or maybe the better answer is: Don't let your young kids wander out
into traffic, or allow them to use table saws, etc.

Sarcasm aside isn't the right answer, for starters, software
interfaces for kids?

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Login: Nationwide