Sitefinder II, the sequel...

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Jul 13 15:53:15 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Mark Jeftovic wrote:

> Larry Smith wrote:
>
> > In
> > school if you spell the word tree as tre - hopefully your teacher corrects
> > this.
>
> Yes, hopefully a correction is made in a safe manner. As opposed to the
> teacher smothering your face with a pornographic magazine or shoving a
> lit firecracker up your ass.
>
> Cause when you spell a word incorrectly on the internet, that's what
> frequently occurs.

That's a tad over dramatic isn't it? Typosquatting is a problem, sure,
some of it is annoying, sure. Never has my derrier exploded though from
it...

Perhaps part of the 'safe manner' is actually teaching people that using
their favorite search engine to locate 'fobar tool enterprises' is often
more productive than 'www.fobartools.com' placement in the 'location bar'
is? Just like learning how to use a phonebook instead of random dialing,
or encyclopedia's as opposed to blind searching of the dewey decimal
system?

-Chris