Best practices inquiry: filtering 128/1

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Jul 12 14:16:07 UTC 2006

> > Do you not prefix-list customers? That'd have solved this, eh?
>
> The problem is: the route is coming from our upstreams / peers.
> that means they also did not filter it out....... :(

oh bummer ;( that's not us sending that is it? :) Honestly, prefix
filtering should apply in both directions. You'd want to be sure that your
upstream didn't send you 1918 prefixes, or bogons or even your internal
infrastructure, eh?

hopefully a simple prefix filter as in the one mentioned a few times from
cymru would fix it for you :)