Sitefinder II, the sequel...

Daniel Golding dgolding at tier1research.com
Tue Jul 11 19:22:08 UTC 2006

That's absolutely ridiculous. Enterprise IT organizations make decisions on
behalf of their userbase all day. Frankly, I'd be shocked if many tried this
out - most enterprises run their own DNS servers as part of an Active
Directory scheme. In any case, those workstations belong to the enterprise
and they can point them to whatever DNS servers they want.

For most end-users, their Internet access provider already selects their DNS
caching server. ISPs are within their rights to do this - I'm surprised most
broadband ISPs haven't done exactly what OpenDNS is doing to generate
revenue.

I'm sure if you look really hard, you can find something else to be outraged
about. OpenDNS isn't it. I'm at a loss to explain why people are trying so
hard to condemn something like this.

- Daniel Golding