Net Neutrality Legislative Proposal

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Tue Jul 11 16:42:08 UTC 2006

* Mark Newton:

> I think you're missing the point, Florian.  Regardless of any
> retail restrictions, the fact still remains that your local
> Cable company is selling connectivity to other peoples'
> autonomous systems.

Then why do the ads promote their new chat service, instead the
ever-growing number of ASNs on the Internet? 8-) I don't think the
majority of consumers cares about this IP transit things as long as
their usual applications keep working.

Anyway, I suppose I can tell apart all these different types of
Internet access quite easily, but I can't come up with a generally
applicable set of criteria to categorize them properly.