Best practices inquiry: filtering 128/1

Jerry Pasker jerry at jerry.org
Tue Jul 11 02:56:27 UTC 2006

>Actually, I take that back.  Why wouldn't you just get a feed from
>Cymru <http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/index.html> ??

Because you fear that their routers that distribute the feed could
become own3d and used to cause a massive DoS by filtering out some
networks?

You asked.   And I use their route feed.  :-)

I figure it a problem occurs, 1)I won't be the only one that has that
problem 2)I'll hear about it on NANOG.

I figure the minute risk is worth the convenience....the chances of
their routers getting 0wn3d are probably about the same as my routers
getting 0wn3d.  The chances of it happening aren't zero, but probably
pretty small.  Enough so that it sure beats editing the BOGON list
manually!

-Jerry