Sitefinder II, the sequel...

Mark Jeftovic markjr at easydns.com
Mon Jul 10 13:53:12 UTC 2006

Gerry Boudreaux wrote:

> It is not VeriSign this time.
>
> For those who have not yet seen this:
>
> http://www.opendns.com/
>
> They will 'correct' your spelling mistakes for you.

I think the openDNS approach is far different from the Verisign
sitefinder debacle if only for the important reason that using openDNS
is voluntary and using sitefinder wasn't.

Also, sitefinder created a wildcard DNS record where none existed
before, breaking all kinds of applications in the process, openDNS
doesn't do this.

So at the end of the day, people are FREE to decide what resolvers to
use and whoever comes along to offer their idea of "value adds" can go
right ahead without borking the internet.

Personally I think openDNS is an idea whose time has come and that Dave
Ulevitch and is crew are going to hit one out of the ballpark with this.

-mark

--
Mark Jeftovic <markjr at easydns.com>
Founder & President, easyDNS Technologies Inc.