ICANN at risk

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com
Tue Jul 4 16:35:22 UTC 2006

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> On 7/4/06, Christopher L. Morrow <christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com> wrote:
> > note the notes already sent in:
> > http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/dnstransition.html
> >
> > note the multiple copies of email-only carbon-copy submissions? :( Not
> > that I happen to disagree very much with the carbon copies, but it seems a
> > little obviously a copy/paste job :(
> >

> Milton Mueller was encouraging people to astroturf the NTIA and
> they're doing it.
> http://www.circleid.com/posts/send_a_message_to_ntia/
>
> Sad that moveon.org style "tactics" like this should be used to make
> what is otherwise fairly sane and reasoned commentary.

one man's thoughts spewed by the multitudes :( I do hope that, again
despite the fact that I support a 'not us govt agency incharge' and the
closest we have is ICANN (despite it having some warts), the DOC/NTIA
spends some time reviewing the results and does something sane with the
mass-entries such as these.

-Chris