DNS Based Load Balancers

Matt Ghali matt at snark.net
Tue Jul 4 06:20:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

> Would you mind giving us a little more to go on than "the love of
> god" before making strategic architectural decisions?
>
> Just in case we like to decide things for ourselves. :)

Patrick, I am sorry if I have hit a nerve with you- it seems you've
got a vested interest in the answer to this question, and I
appreciate your position.

> For instance, was F5's implementation flawed, or do you have a reason to
> dislike the basic idea?  And why?

For the record, what I _should_ have advised the OP was "for the
love of god, don't try to do this yourself with an appliance." I
wholeheartedly encourage him to give his local Akamai sales rep a
call. I am sorry for the confusion and angst my brevity has caused.

cheers,
matto

   Moral indignation is a technique to endow the idiot with dignity.
                                                 - Marshall McLuhan