GoDaddy.com shuts down entire data center?

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Sat Jan 28 20:27:19 UTC 2006

Martin Hannigan wrote:

> Another interesting point is that GoDaddy charged a $199
> reconnect fee. They punished the operator for the behavoir of their
> customers.

Which is, IMHO, *sometimes* appropriate and sometimes not.

I hear that the victim of the disconnection actually was a bit of a spam
spewer. If there have been repeated problems with him not dealing with abuse
problems from his customers, disconnection is definitely justified.

If this was the first or second incident, probably not.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek   888-480-4638   PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Company website: http://JustThe.net/