Wifi SIP WPA/PSK Support

Crist Clark crist.clark at globalstar.com
Thu Jan 26 19:31:52 UTC 2006

Mike Leber wrote:
[snip]

> I've had a few people say that there was some sort of conspiracy to keep
> US citizens from using secure phones, however I found that laughable
> because
[snip]

Because domestically the US gov't (or local LEOs) can just intercept the
calls when they hit the PSTN. They don't bother intercepting between the
phone and its access point.

Now, whether there are LEOs pushing against end-to-end encryption
becoming widely available to consumers is a whole separate issue.
Crist J. Clark                               crist.clark at globalstar.com
Globalstar Communications                                (408) 933-4387