Terminal server problem

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 14:05:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

I got a CCM1650 Avocent terminal server, if i use windows to login to their
console, upon hitting enter, the password prompt is bypassed because another
enter is also hit, so i get a wrong password everytime.

But if i do the same from a linux machine, that doesnt happen and i get to
log in fine, which tells me that windows telnet is the problem, but i dont
know which knob i need to fix ?

Microsoft Telnet> set ?
bsasdel         Backspace will be sent as delete
crlf            New line mode - Causes return key to send CR & LF
delasbs         Delete will be sent as backspace
escape x        x is an escape charater to enter telnet client prompt
localecho       Turn on localecho.
logfile x       x is current client log file
logging         Turn on logging
mode x          x is console or stream
ntlm            Turn on NTLM authentication.
term x          x is ansi, vt100, vt52, or vtnt

Avocent CCM1650 S/W Version 2.1
Username: noc
Password: ************
Authentication Complete (DEC-VT100)