Update: BlackWorm infected IP's reporting

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Wed Jan 25 13:07:55 UTC 2006

Gadi Evron wrote:

> Hi.
>
> In the next day or so some of us will cooperate to bring to the
> attention of all effected AS's information about infected users in their
> net-space.
>
> This will be coordinated with several groups and organizations. Please
> expect these emails, thanks.

Small update:
It is possible later reports will be received as well, but if you have
infected users, you should get the emails within a few hours.

These email messages will include a web link to the SANS ISC where you
would be able to securely reach IP addresses relevant to you. It is
possible (although we try and avoid it) that you will get notifications
twice, from different email addresses.

If that happens, we can only apologize. I am sure you understand that
despite coordination, some confusion happens when so much is done by so
many people in so short a time.

If you get no email message for whatever reason, and wish to *make sure*
this was not because of some fluke and your net-space really is clean,
feel free to ping me back in a day or so (off-list).

Thanks again,

	Gadi.