oof. panix sidelined by incompetence... again.

Brett Frankenberger rbf at rbfnet.com
Sun Jan 22 20:15:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 10:33:04AM -0800, william(at)elan.net wrote:

> Can there be a confirmation of this? I see no such MOTD at
>  http://www.panix.com/panix/help/Announcements/

I don't know how realtime that is ... but Panix (including their web
site) was unreachable from several points earlier.  It's back now.

> and my connection to panix is fine and route I see is 166.84.0.0/17
> with origin in 2033. I also checked at routeviews.org and similarly
> all their peers see origin in in 2033. Is there some other route
> that has been hijacked then or has it now ben resolved?

As noted in the MOTD posting, Panix is announcing more specifics.
166.84/16 is what they would normally accounce (and they are still
announcing that), 166.84.0/17 and 166.84.128/17 are there to overcome
the /16 Con Ed is advertising.

As of the now (according to Panix; I haven't independantly verified
it), Verio is (at Panix's request) rejecting the route from ConEd, and
Panix's upstreams are accepting the /17s, so connectivity should be
OK from everywhere except possibly ConEd.

     -- Brett