is this like a peering war somehow?

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Fri Jan 20 16:41:20 UTC 2006

On 20-Jan-2006, at 11:25, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

> Things like sports events will still require real-time feeds, and
> people will pay for them.

That and breaking news seem like reasonable exceptions to point out
in contrast to my rampant generalisations.

For news, however, stories seem to break on the web long before they
usually reach the television. Anybody who really wants to hear about
things as they happen are probably best to avoid the traditional news
networks anyway.

As far as sports go, there is no timely coverage of rugby in North
America anyway, I can't imagine why anybody would waste their time
watching inferior games like football, hockey, baseball or basketball
at all, never mind in real time.

Joe (running away quickly now)