ORDB.ORG Outage [Suggested Procedures]

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Fri Jan 20 03:19:06 UTC 2006

Suggested Procedures:

    We use a script that validate the blacklisted services for:

       . reachability
       . delay
       . if any of our subnet is blacklisted

    And we also run a named exclusivly for caching requests...

    This way the mail system gets back on its feet by itself...

    Queries to loaded BL service are temporary disabled
automatically...  until the service become more responsive.

    And we know, quite fast, if a client breach its contract and start
spamming...

    Not every antispam system are that open...  But if you have one...
It might be worth the 8 man hours to do a patch.

    Have fun...

Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
P.O. Box 175       Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 5T7
tel 514-990-5911   http://www.pubnix.net    fax 514-990-9443