Intradomain Traffic Engineering

Hao Wang seraph.wang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 01:36:25 UTC 2006

Hi Deepak,
    Thanks a lot for your opinions!
    Especially, your idea that TE may be more appropriate to stub networks
is very interesting. Is it a common practice of large transit ISPs to
determine the pricing based on 'what the customer's traffic looks like and
when'? And do the transit ISPs actively use traffic regulation (rate control
and/or traffic shaping) to control the incoming traffic, or they just simply
use some pricing scheme based on traffic pattern, such as 95-percentile
charging?

Thanks,
Hao