GoDaddy.com shuts down entire data center?

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Jan 17 09:20:06 UTC 2006

--On January 16, 2006 10:32:58 PM -0800 Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I want to say, from an outsider's perspective, that I whole heartily
> applaud GoDaddy on the actions they took and the consistent
> professionalism exhibited by their tech support representative.  Despite
> obvious (and heavily edited) calls to the same agent, the consumer was
> informed in a professional manner of his/her avenue for resolution.  No
> doubt remains in my mind that the caller was not caught blind by this
> situation.  Go Daddy has a privacy policy that no doubt prohibits them
> from releasing details of their side of this case, however to me the
> recording suggests that the caller knew this was the end result, not a
> sudden surprise move, and they just wanted to circumvent standard
> procedure.  The caller's prior thought to record, what appears as a
> standard call to tech-support, is insightful and should be an obvious
> sign of his motivation.

Theres a clear case of he said they said going on with this case.
Nectartech is making claims that they fixed the issue.  Also note that the
caller is not a Nectartech employee at all.  He's a customer who's also
friends with the owner.  Atleast that's what he says in WHT thread.  In any
event I don't think Nectartech handled this very well, and more likely than
not still had a problem and were given ample time to properly correct it.