GoDaddy.com shuts down entire data center?

Matt Ghali matt at snark.net
Mon Jan 16 19:41:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> FYI, Nectartech is a small hosting shop out of 55 S Market in San Jose. I
> wouldn't describe them as a "datacenter", since I don't think they own or
> operate any facilities.

Heh, I used to work at a small hosting shop out of 55 S. Market- it
was (then) called BBN Planet. I guess these schmoes rent a cage from
Genuity (or whatever they are called now).

> Perhaps if they ever managed to find "the command to make two routers talk
> to each other and be redundant" (a real quote from what has been loosely
> described as their network admin, I'm not kidding, you can't make stuff
> like this up :P), their next step might be to find the command to make dns
> servers talk to each other and be redundant.

Seriously. You need to be spewing a lot of cak onto the net for your
_domain registrar_ to take notice.

> The rest is just some random blowhard web hosting customer who
> gets off on being an ass and blaming everyone but himself and his
> choice in hosting companies.
> Hardly an uncommon sight. :)

The priceless part is that we probably never would have noticed, had
he not had the hubris to record the conversations, and then publish
the URL to them. I love it when the lusers are nice enough to
clearly identify themselves.

matto

               The only thing necessary for the triumph
               of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke