GoDaddy.com shuts down entire data center?

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 03:09:11 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at world.std.com> wrote:
> Operationally, not having someone on the shift who can make
> decisions is not a good thing. It's like having a NOC with
> no shift supervisor. If you're big enough - a manager.
>
> Disclaimer: In now way, shape, or form, should that be inferred as
> a plug for or against GoDaddy. I'm nuetral.

The way a policy is enforced - how, in what situations etc - is what
matters.  Most if not all ISP AUPs say basically the same mom and
apple pie thing (no net abuse or we'll shut you down)

If what this guy says is right, his domain was taken down just because
one of his servers was broken into and spammed through.    I havent
heard godaddy's side of the story yet - might be better to reserve
judgement till they comment.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)