Sticky Bogons

Martin Hannigan hannigan at world.std.com
Thu Jan 12 07:10:27 UTC 2006

> --==_Exmh_1136999684_3854P
>
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:50:52 EST, Joe Loiacono said:
>
> > a little help ...
> > The same issue from China. One of our member got a block /17 from 125/8,
> > this block caused
>
> The only thing likely to help is a baseball bat (although a cricket bat will
> probably serve in a pinch, and you're from that part of the world).
>
> Seriously.  We've been having this *SAME* problem since we started allocating
> from 68/8 or 69/8.  If sites *still* haven't figured out yet how to get their
> bogon filters maintained, they need to have Team Cymru's address tattooed onto
> their skulls with a baseball bat.

No, you are incorrect. Networks need to use authoritative sources for
their information. Cymru is behind IANA, not in front. Cymru is a good
resource, but I don't hear them calling themselves authoritative.

I've never worked anywhere that I could blame a network problem on an
RBL et. al. .edu may be different, but I doubt it.

-M<