Virus: Remarks about Virus Volume reduction since mid-decemeber 2006

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Tue Jan 10 20:33:12 UTC 2006

    Hi,

    We had a constant volume of virus trapped by clamav, mcafee, etc. of
about 2% of all mail traffics coming from outside our network.

    Since mid-december the volume is now under 0.2% while the mail
traffic stay in line with the tendencies of the previous year.

    I'm not looking for opertional instructions about clamav, broken
config, etc.  But if anybody else noticed a volume reduction also?

    And I'm curious to find out which network finally got fixed...

    Thanks and have a good year.

Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
P.O. Box 175       Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 5T7
tel 514-990-5911   http://www.pubnix.net    fax 514-990-9443