Sprint Problems?

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at digitalpath.net
Mon Jan 9 22:14:34 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:12:47PM -0800, Crist Clark wrote:

> Having trouble getting anything out of our Sprint rep. Rumors of
> fiber whack. Problems out here in San Jose, California and in Texas,
> Waco vicinity. Hard to say whether some of our problems over the rest
> of North America are related to Texas and California or more widespread.
> Voice and data problems.
>
> Anyone have better info on what, where, and resolution?

We've had a ticket open with Sprint for about a week on this.  See latency
spikes (from ~20ms to ~300ms) on our circuits through them to certain hosts
from about 6am to 2pm daily (PST).

A basic traceroute always shows the latency to pop up between 152.63.57.49
(alter.net) and 144.232.9.1 (Sprint).  I have been told there is a
bandwidth overutilization issue here and it will be resolved late January.

Ray

PS: I was going to try and get you guys the ticket number for the issue (the
one ours is related to), but calls to 800-877-5045 option #1 are just
ringing busy.