QWest is having some pretty nice DNS issues right now

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jan 9 18:06:35 UTC 2006

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 17:30:12 GMT, "Christopher L. Morrow" said:

> It seems like maybe that is all too common. Are the 'best practices'
> documented for Authoritative DNS somewhere central? Are they just not well
> publicized? Do registrars offer this information for end-users/clients? Do
> they show how their hosted solutions are better/works/in-compliance-with
> these best practices? (worldnic comes to mind)
>
> Should this perhaps be better documented and presented at a future NANOG
> meeting? (and thus placed online in presentation format)

Will somebody who has the OReilly DNS book handy check and see if Chapter 8
doesn't already cover this?

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/

If it doesn't, maybe we need to hint to the authors that an update is needed
for the 5th edition.

If it does, I suspect the basic problem runs much deeper, and can't be solved
by a NANOG presentation put online...