[OCCAID] 6bone addresses going away in June

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Fri Jan 6 17:41:33 UTC 2006

On 6-Jan-2006, at 11:23, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

> guess terado services will get a facelift then too? (since they
> require/use the 3ffe range for comms)

The most recent draft for teredo only requires use of 3FFE::/16
obliquely:

2.6 Global Teredo IPv6 service prefix

    An IPv6 addressing prefix whose value is XXXX:XXXX:/32.
    (TBD IANA; experiments use the value 3FFE:831F::/32, taken from a
    range of experimental IPv6 prefixes assigned to Microsoft.)

Draft-huitema-v6ops-teredo-05 expired last October, and I can't find
it in the I-D tracker. It doesn't seem like it would be too much of a
stretch to update that section if a revision was in the works.

In real life, does anybody actually use terado? Are there a well-
known set of teredo servers and relays for which some arbitrary,
large ISP might measure traffic levels? It seems like if it was
enabled it would be possible to measure traffic from teredo's
bubbles, even if nobody was actually using it to retrieve content.

Joe