Transit LAN vs. Individual LANs

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Sat Feb 25 02:03:23 UTC 2006

I have 2 core routers (CR) and 3 access routers (AR)
currently connected point-to-point where each AR connects to
each CR for a total of 6 ckts.  Now someone has decided to
connect them with Gig-E.  I was wondering about the benefits
or disadvantages of keeping the ckts each in their own
individual LANs or tying them all into one VLAN for a
"Transit LAN" as those folks that decided on going to Gig-E
aren't doing any logical network architecting (is that a
real word?).

Anyone got any suggestions, comments or helpful hints?

Thanks,
scott