announcement: reporting and mitigating botnets

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Fri Feb 24 12:37:31 UTC 2006

Hi guys. There have been numerous queries about the subject of reporting
and mitigating botnets in the last few mounths.

I promised I would get back to all of you, here we go.

We started a new PUBLIC and OPEN mailing list where anyone can join in
and report a botnet command and control (C&C) server they see.

The mailing list will serve as as place:
*. Where you can discuss detection techniques.
*. Where you can report the botnets.
*. Where all relevant private groups will get your reports.
*. Where the relevant ISP will be automatically notified.
*. Where you can see action taken on your reports.

To subscribe, go to the following page:

Otherwise, to report a botnet C&C PRIVATELY and reach all relevant
groups, please send email to:
c2report at isotf.org

Thanks,

	Gadi.

--
http://blogs.securiteam.com/

"Out of the box is where I live".
	-- Cara "Starbuck" Thrace, Battlestar Galactica.