Quarantine your infected users spreading malware

Eric Gauthier eric at roxanne.org
Thu Feb 23 15:35:38 UTC 2006

Heya,

Sorry about continuing this thread...  I noticed a few people discussing
this topic and wondering about new ways to look at quarantining hosts.
There's a working group within the US Internet2 community that's been working
on a generalized architecture and set of white-papers that our member
institutions can share.  If you're interested, check out the two
drafts that we have so far (SALSA-Netauth working group):

Architecture for Automating Network Policy (PDF)
http://security.internet2.edu/netauth/docs/internet2-salsa-netauth-architecture-200510.pdf

Strategies for Automating Network Policy Enforcement
http://security.internet2.edu/netauth/docs/internet2-salsa-netauth-policy-enforcement-200504.html

We'd welcome any thoughts, criticism, complaints, praise, etc...

Eric :)