Quarantine your infected users spreading malware

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Feb 23 14:02:31 UTC 2006

Andy Davidson wrote:

> And they don't care !  How is someone else telling them that they need a
> virus checker going to change anything ?

We allowed users back online to run Housecall at trendmicro for free so
they could get cleaned up and save some money. However, the resuspend
rate was so high, we quickly changed to offline cleanup only. It will
remain until we perfect our auto defense system.

Customers just want things to work. They don't care if they are
infected. It's amazing how many customers swear they aren't scanning or
sending email, and refuse to understand that their computer is capable
of doing things without them knowing.

-Jack