anybody here from verizon's e-mail department?

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:53:47 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Christopher L. Morrow
<christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> >
> > http://www.irbs.net/internet/nanog/0312/0009.html
>
> message 2 on that page is interesting: (and apropos to previous threads)
> http://www.irbs.net/internet/nanog/0312/0008.html

Oh Yes.

And I do know that uab.edu (U.Alabama at Birmingham) has had some smtp
redirection stuff that they've been doing for a while - or were doing
a few years ago, when I last discussed it with their postmaster, to
stop rootkitted *nix workstations and infected windows boxes spamming
out their network.

What they did struck me as quite interesting - still strikes me as
interesting from what I remember of it now 5 yrs later.  If someone
from uab is reading this and can describe it to nanog that'd be great.

As for broadband ISPs I think charter has been putting a walled garden
in place even though they, unlike aol, dont control the user client
etc.  Saw a preso about this at MAAWG in san diego last year.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)