and here are some answers [was: Quarantine your infected users spreading malware]

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Tue Feb 21 02:15:25 UTC 2006

Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
> it's also not just a 'i got infected over the net' problem... where is
> that sean when you need his nifty stats :) Something about no matter what
> you filter grandpa-jones will find a way to click on the nekkid jiffs of
> Anna Kournikova again :(
>
> anyway, someone mentioned the rafts of posts in the archives, it'd be nice
> if this was all just referred there :(

I quite agree, unless other solutions can be presented, and indeed, 2
new ones have so far.

The philosophical discussion aside (latest one can be found under "zotob
port 445 nanog" on Google), presenting some new technologies that shows
this *can* be done changes the picture.

I believe it was actually Randy Bush's idea in that last thread, to use
such software.

	Gadi.