Quarantine your infected users spreading malware

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Feb 20 22:34:40 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:40:48 +0200, Gadi Evron said:

> Many ISP's who do care about issues such as worms, infected users
> "spreading the love", etc. simply do not have the man-power to handle
> all their infected users' population.
>
> It is becoming more and more obvious that the answer may not be at the
> ISP's doorstep, but the ISP's are indeed a critical part of the
> solution. What their eventual role in user safety will be I can only
> guess, but it is clear (to me) that this subject is going to become a
> lot "hotter" in coming years.

The ISPs will be a part of the solution.  However, ISPs fall into two major
categories:

1) The ones that read the types of lists that you posted this to
2) The ones that have the problem.

You're preaching to the choir, Gadi - and if there's *one* thing I'd like a
solution for, it's *that* problem.  How do you get the unwashed masses of ISPs
to join the choir so you can preach to them?