protocols that don't meet the need...

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Tue Feb 14 21:59:15 UTC 2006

Of course, there is nothing stopping NANOG or anyone else from
collocating their meetings to be near the IETF's (in time or
space)... but right now they would have a tough time figuring where
that would be :)

The IETF commits to having its meetings
not collide with certain other meetings, and dates are typically set
some years in advance :

http://www.ietf.org/meetings/0mtg-sites.txt

Because of the recent reorganization, the IETF meetings are only
specified through 2007, but
this will shortly be extended for another few years.

Once set, these date cannot be changed except for force majure.
Recently IETF meetings have not been announced too long in advance
(this summer's location is still officially TBD on this list, for
example). I know that the IAD is scrambling to fill in the "where"
part of this list into the future.

Hopefully, in the near future the IAOC and the IAD will have meeting
sites planned out 2 years or so in advance.
Maybe, then, a collocation could be discussed.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks