ASNumber Extension for Firefox available

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Mon Feb 13 18:30:50 UTC 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Richard Cox wrote:

>> Another thing I want to do is to show the number of RBL
>> (Spamhaus, etc) listed IPs per AS.
>
> That sounds useful.  As would be the possibility to block access to
> sites that are so listed (in the same way that software installation
> by unauthorised sites is blocked until specifically enabled)

Since I'm one of the few people who has this data, I can tell you that
actual 'number' is not as usefull as it may seem. There are different
RBLs with different focus and point of view and while some list individual
ips and live for a few days, others list ip blocks (and sometimes entire
allocated block) can exist for months and years and are result of manual
research. The first one causes a lot highier number in ASN RBL listings
but underscores significance of the block listings.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net