NANOG36, Dallas, and I-35

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Fri Feb 10 14:16:39 UTC 2006

(I'm not claiming to be local to Dallas, but thought I'd point this out.)

Most folks know that odd-numbered Interstate Highways run North/South.
I-35 runs through Dallas, and through Fort Worth.  If you fly into DFW,
your travel will likely run along part of I-35.  Here's the kicker: I-35
splits just north of Hillsboro, and two branches run north to Denton.
The branch through Dallas is I-35E, and the branch through Fort Worth is
I-35W.

Moral: Don't panic if you're going South on I-35E.  :)

pt